Financial Controller – North London
This is a fantastic opportunity for a growing and vibrant company that is about to undergo a large-scale expansion programme. As the Financial Controller, you will be a key individual in the leadership team and therefore have a significant contribution to the future growth and expansion of the business.
A key part of your role will be to ensure all systems, procedures and financial controls are in place to allow the company to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Preparing regular financial statements and accounts, including monthly management accounts.
- Ongoing monitoring of the company’s financial performance, providing colleagues with cost and revenue information relevant to their departments.
- Working with leadership teams to cost projects, including business expansion, new routes to market and new product lines. Preparing budgets, forecasts and cash flow forecasts.
- Putting in place and monitoring proper financial processes and controls.
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements relating to duty, export and alcohol sales and production.
- Liaising with tax advisors and external accountants.
- Identifying opportunities to improve profitability, and implementing projects aimed at increasing efficiency.
- Conducting internal audits, and providing external auditors with the reports and financial data they need.
- Managing a team of two.
Skills and experience required for this role
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA with proven experience in a similar role.
- Highly logical approach, with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Committed team player, used to working flexibly to achieve business goals and keen to make improvements.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Previous experience managing a team