IT Helpdesk Engineer
Working for this well-established company serving the UK market you will provide a top-class quality of service to both internal and external customers assisting with the maintenance and troubleshooting of hardware and software solutions (first and second line).
- Assist with the maintenance of the client’s network and associated equipment including 6 servers with Microsoft Windows 2008, 2012 R2 and 2016 servers, Exchange 2016, ensure backups are run etc.
- Assist with the Solutions Help desk where customers are experiencing problems with their Solution software.
- Diagnose and repair if possible using remote log-in software, or escalate to Level 3 support or 3rd party supplier.
- Assist as required with the Hardware Help desk where customers are experiencing
- Provide cover for the service team to assist with network installs and to fault find and fix network issues with hardware on site.
- Accurately complete all service documentation for submissionCarry out customer operator training and advise customers on correct, efficient and effective use of the software.
- Attend training courses when required to maintain, increase and improve knowledge and skills.
- Degree or other relevant IT qualification (would consider a recent/new graduate with some work experience)
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows 2008, 2012 R2 and 2016 servers and Exchange 2016
- Superb communication skills with a clear and friendly telephone manner
- Team player with the ability to work independentlyStrong focus on customer service and being able to manage deadlines in line with SLA’s