Working closely with the brewing and packaging teams of this highly successful craft brewery to ensure that all beer is produced to the highest standards through analytical and microbiological analysis.
- Physical-chemical and microbiological sample taking and analysis.
- Sample planning and coordination.Data analysis and report generation.
- Ensuring accurate records are kept and written procedures are followed
- Collection and management of samples according to the sampling plan.
- Preparation of stock solutions and media / inoculating and incubating samples.
- Developing new microbiological approaches / microbiological troubleshooting.
- Continuous updating and improvement of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) both analytical and microbiological laboratory procedures, including sampling techniques
- Cleaning and decontamination of the laboratory.
- Support and build sensory analysis.
- Helping as required to maintain all quality standards within the laboratory.
- Contributing to events and festivals and representing the brewery in publicIncreasing your understanding of the art and science of brewing through study and investigation.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in chemistry, microbiology, brewing, biology, or another relevant field.
- Evidence of working with good laboratory practice.
- Evidence of effective communication within a team.
- Able to work efficiently and with incredible attention to detail.
- Ability to think and operate with initiative and troubleshoot wherever necessary.
- Positive and committed attitude.Willing to work antisocial hours.
- Post graduate experience.Experience in a food or beverage based field.
- Experience in microbiological techniques (cultural and diagnostic).
- Understanding of the microbiology of food and beverage organisms, especially yeast.
- Experienced in the use of laboratory QC instruments and techniques (preferably in the beverage industry