UK & Ireland Wholesale Market Manager
Based: Tottenham Hale
Salary: c. £35-40K plus bonus and benefits package
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly expanding business that has seen year on year success and is now a highly-recognised multi-million brand within the drinks industry.
Due to the success of the brand and their growth strategy they are now looking to secure a UK and Ireland Market Manager (Wholesale) who will work very closely with the Head of Sales & Marketing.
You will have overall responsibility for the UK & Ireland markets ensuring total customer satisfaction by exceeding demands and expectations. Along with this you will have direct management for a team of 3 Account Managers and 1 Distribution Manager. You will be required to motivate, lead and develop this team, ensuring that they meet monthly Account plan targets along with agreed KPI’s.
You will identify strategies to secure new business and maximise the current base of customers thereby promoting the brand and increasing market share.
The role will require someone who will attend and represent the company at trade events, network, educate and be fully up-to-date with the industry and competitors.
• Act as primary contact between the Brewery and UK/Irish distributors/key account groups, while ensuring high standard of customer service always
• Responsible for sales team direct reports including coaching and days in trade with individual reps
• Establish and track goals and objectives with members of team and perform quarterly reviews
• Execute sales strategy and provide weekly rollup reports to Head of Sales
• Work with Marketing Manager to develop successful programmes, launches and targeted communications
• Identifying trends in the market
• Ability to identify new sales with opportunities in market (group, national accounts etc)
• Proactively partner with distributors/buyers to manage expectations
• Establish, maintain and develop relationships with your customer base
• Schedule and attend meetings with key contacts
• Maintain all sales goals and personal budgets
• Represent the company at promotions, tastings and special events
• Conduct distributor/staff educations
• Ability to work nights/weekends as needed
Skills and experience required for this role
• Results oriented experience in wholesale sales within the food & beverage industry
• Must have managed a small team previously
• Ideally have worked for a smaller company that has grown to a recognised brand (not essential)
• First class communication skills with the ability to present, train and pitch for new business (written & verbal)
• Ability to negotiate, with commercial drive and awareness
• Must be able to manage working independently whilst motivating a team to accomplish goals
• Must have strong MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint and knowledge of CRM systems
• Willingness to travel to attend events and trade shows on behalf of the company (some weekend and evenings)
• Drive, ambition and passion